Thursday, April 14, 2005

Oppression and Depression

I know, it's been a while since I've posted. I can't even say I've been busy. I was talking to a pastor about this today in fact. I think it's a deep oppression that's fed by depression.

Let me explain. When you are used to being busy all the time and having a life, and then all of a sudden you don't you tend to say that "well, this is all my life is going to be", and then you loose the drive to do anything. I think that Satan can use this against you in your spiritual walk with the Lord. I know he has with me. This oppression is fed by clinical depression and things just get worse.

That's what has been going on with me the last couple of weeks. I have just been focused on how mundane and monochromatic my life has been, and what I can't do. Because of that, I loose sight of what I can do, or what God can do through me.

So, I will make a promise to God, myself, and you, my reader. I will get back into the word, and focus more on what God can do through me, or what I can do instead of what I am no longer able to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home